Scientopia features many posts today about Equal Pay Day. Today, April 12, marks the day in 2011 when the average woman has earned as much since January 1, 2010, as the average man earned in 2010. That is, it takes women more than fifteen months to earn the same amount as men earn in twelve months. Women are justifiably resentful about this.
- Adventures in Ethics and Science: Equal Pay Day 2011: There is Power in a Union
- The Difference Engine: Good Hair Day, Fair Pay Day
- The Spandrel Shop: Equal Pay Day!
- Fumbling Towards Tenure: Equal Pay Day Epic FAIL
- This Scientific Life: Penis Parity Day
- WhizBANG! $16,819 for a Penis
- Balanced Instability: WTF?! “Equal” Pay Day
- Everyday Biology: Equal Pay Day: Why Don’t Women Just Ask for More?